A breakfast club is the perfect way to start children’s day in a safe, friendly, relaxed place where children can enjoy a nutritional breakfast with our leaders and other school friends. Having a breakfast club at your school can enhance your extra-curricular provision.
Breakfast Clubs are not only convenient for parents to get to work on time; they have so many more advantages that you should be aware of:
- Great opportunity for children to make new friends
- Children can enjoy their breakfast in a safe and familiar environment
- At ClubsComplete Breakfast Clubs, a variety of games and activities are played which stimulate the child’s brain from an earlier hour which prepares them perfectly for the day ahead (breakfast clubs have been proven to increase child’s academic performance across the curriculum)
- Children develop their negotiation, team-building and problem solving skills through ClubsComplete Breakfast Clubs.
- Attendance and punctuality is improved and is maintained in breakfast club
- Increases concentration levels and improves behaviour
At ClubsComplete Breakfast Clubs, children will be provided with a nutritional breakfast which normally consists of cereals or toast and a drink. Our clubs truly help children to recognise just how important eating breakfast is and how it can enhance their academic performance throughout the day. Getting into the habit of eating a healthy, nutritional breakfast and playing, problem solving and team building early in the morning is essential for children as they grow up and we find this habit really does stick with them for life.
“Breakfast clubs have a positive impact on children’s behaviour, punctuality and attendance rates at school. They also increase concentration levels throughout the day and engage children in making healthier choices in their diet as well as improving social interaction skills between pupils.” Department for Education
How will the breakfast clubs work?
- Staff member to arrive 15 minutes before your specified start-time
- There will be a daily risk assessment done at the beginning of each club session to ensure the area which is being used is safe for the activity to take place.
- Children arrive and are signed-in by parents on the register
- Children are given a healthy breakfast which consists of: toast, a selection of cereals, fruit and a drink of juice/milk.
- Once the children have eaten they will take part in an activity such as sports, arts and crafts or team games.
- At the end of the club, children will be walked to their relevant classrooms for morning registration
Breakfast clubs can be paid for by each individual parent or through the Schools Funds (set fee if funded through School Funds). Minimum numbers apply when club is parent funded.
What Children say about our Breakfast Clubs;
“When I come to ClubsComplete it makes me feel happy. The staff are very polite and make me feel welcome, at ClubsComplete I feel safe. Sometimes we get to go in the hall and play games like Dodgeball, Quarterball and others. If we haven't had breakfast don't worry, you can have some here: blackcurrant and orange juice, oats and a variety of cereal.” Year 6 pupil, Ashby Willesley School